The Val di Fassa promises a summer holiday active and full of emotions
The summer holiday in the mountains attracts increasingly more people of different age and passions. Some for a long period of rest, escaping the heat, others for short active breaks to rediscover nature.
Fans of mountain biking, families in search of authentic and genuine experiences for their children to try, lovers of hiking, rock climbers, golf players, mushroom hunters, lovers of relaxation away from the chaos of the sea, to all tourists in search of emotions Canazei and the Val di Fassa, can give unique and unforgettable holiday moments.
The opportunities to practice your favorite sport are plenty, sports centres, adventure trails, rock climbing, nordic walking, climbing routes, horse riding, paragliding, rafting, tennis, fishing. While fully equipped shelters like the Rifugio Contrin, in Marmolada, and charming cottages are waiting to welcome and refresh you.
Numerous outdoor activities are proposed by the group of mountain guides, the true precious guardians and experts of our territory.
Events and exhibitions enrich your holiday in Val di Fassa
Canazei and the Val di Fassa will welcome you with the warm embrace of their events, such as: The Sounds of the Dolomites, the gastronomic weeks such as "Dinner with King Laurin" and "Taste of Autumn"; sports events such as: Trek of the Legends, Traslaval, the Sellaronda Bike Day, the Marcialonga, the Fassa Bike.
Activities together with Mountain guides and entertainers
The animation is provided by the local Tourist Promotion Agency, which provides a full program of recreational activities and guided hikes, Nordic walking, nature walks for all ages, thanks to Val di Fassa Card and Fassalandia.
Parks and Cultural Activities
From Canazei it is easy to reach several villages in the Val di Fassa: such as Moena, Soraga, Vigo di Fassa, Pozza di Fassa, Mazzin di Fassa, Campitello di Fassa.
It is possibile to discover museums such as the Ladin Museum and Cultural Institue in Vigo di Fassa or the Marmolada Museum, to know the fauna and flora of the Paneveggio Park, to test one’s skills in the Adventure parks, to ice-skate in the pala ghiaccio or toh ave fun with friends at the minigolf or in the many playgrounds for children like the Fassa Park in Canazei.
Val di Fassa Card
The Val di Fassa Card can be requested at the hotel, and when shown in the tourist offices of the Val di Fassa, it allows to take part in numerous activities for free:
- nature walks to discover the dolomite area and discover the culture and traditions of the Ladin territory directly on site
- daily excursions with mountain guides to tackle trails at high altitude in complete
- mineralogical laboratories to learn about the geology of the Dolomites
- introduction to mountain biking for children to have fun riding with qualified instructors
- “andar per malghe”, tours to discover the pastures and the alpine life
- introduction to climbing, for a whole day of learning to climb with the help of a mountain guide
With the Val di Fassa Card it is possibile to have other advantages:
- purchase at a discount price the PanoramaPass, the pass that allows unlimited use of all skilifts open in summer and public transport lines.
- reduction on the single trip fare (adult) Bike Express;
- discount on the entry ticket to Museo Ladin de Fascia, adults and children under 14 years;
- € 1.00 discount on entrance fees (with or without skate rental) at the Stadio del Ghiaccio of Alba di Canazei (non combined with the Hockey Card promotion);
- Reduction on entry fees to the adventure parks of the valley (Dolomiti Action Adventure Park of Campitello di Fassa, Adventure Park Piciocaa and Acropark Sauta Martin of Pozza di Fassa).
The Val di Fassa is child friendly and has decided to reserve for its younger guests Fassalandia, a rich program of events organized on a weekly basis throughout the valley.
There are numerous activities that see the children as stars of the summer: from minerals’ and educational laboratories to outdoor entertainment activities, treasure hunts, theatre and puppet shows, plus a full program of themed tours, designed to introduce children to nature and to the territory.
Participation in the events organized is subject to enrolment at the Tourist Offices of the valley before 18.30 on the day before the activity (for those of Monday: until 18.30 on Sunday, subscriptions only at the offices of Moena, Canazei and Pozza ; until 12.30 on Sunday, subscriptions only at the offices of Soraga, Vigo and Campitello), through a special card (Val di Fassa Card) issued directly from the hotel.
Travelling and moving around in Val di Fassa is made easier by Panorama Pass which also entitles to the free use of public buses on the routes Moena - Canazei – Passo Fedaia and return, Moena - Passo San Pellegrino and return, Vigo - Karerpass and back, for the entire period of validity of the PanoramaPass.